Sunday, September 9, 2012

Currently.. :)


Back in college, our professors were encouraging us to acquire further education after graduation. My former boss, also a professor, in Research and Development Center at Mindanao State University often encourages and inspires her assistants to gain further studies: master’s degree, doctoral degrees and law. She said that these are needed not only for gainful employment but also for professional growth and development.
                In our time, there is a prevailing competition on jobs: the more an individual have achieved, the greater chance he/she lands a rewarding profession. This is the reality nowadays in the industry. It is not enough that you have graduated bachelors. A professional should genuinely grow not only in knowledge but in the heart also.
I believe what my professors and boss had said. As a fresh graduate, I was really motivated to have further education. I found myself envisioning my future as a doctor of philosophy or a lawyer. I always aim high. Moving on, I was thinking more of being a PhD. Why? I simply like research.
Fortunately, Notre Dame of Marbel University Off-Campus Class offers Masters in Education opened in my hometown, Kiamba. I enrolled on it. In this endeavour I felt I’m having the time of my life. This is a dream come true, a milestone to my aspirations. Now I know that I am not only lucky and yes, I am really blessed.
My current professors always entice us to study and read more. They are like godsend because they are promising, caring and understanding. They even called our class the Superintendents Class (very honourable). As I go on in every class, I learn new things from them and they also give me a chance to clear the ambiguous. Furthermore, I look forward to enhance my skills in researching, teaching and studying. With awesome professors, challenging courses and deadlines jam-packed in one, I sure thing I know, I will achieve this degree because I’m lovin’ it.

No comments:

Post a Comment