Friday, November 8, 2013

Quality Teaching: A Personal Outlook

For me, quality teaching is having excellent learning outcomes of student not only focus on academic but in attitudes and values developed as well. If my students are doing well, therefore I can say that I’m executing good teaching.
I haven’t been teaching yet but based on my past experiences as a catechist in the church and a volunteer for a local summer reading program, I wanted to give my students something that can help them appreciate the beauty of life and to survive it as well. I wanted to give significant insights that have impact on their lives and will lead them to a brighter future. For me, there is a significant difference between teaching for the benefits and teaching for the students. Teaching is more that the salary you receive. Teaching is what the outcome is. I wanted my students to be professionals someday and to be a good contributor to the society. I always encourage them to be best that they can be, to study hard and to do everything to have education all for the glory of the Almighty God.

No comments:

Post a Comment